This is a family favorite specially on a cold day like today. The fish is spicy & tangy. It has a nice firm texture. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family & I do.
2 Fresh Pomfret cleaned & sliced 1" thick.
5 garlic cloves
1 Handful of Cilantro
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 1/2 tsp Turmeric
Salt & Chili powder to taste
Fine Semolina/Sooji/Rava for coating - about 1/2 cup
Oil for shallow frying
1. Make sure the fish is clean. Pat dry to remove any water.
2. In a food processor finely chop the cilantro & garlic.
3. Add chili powder, turmeric, salt, & garlic - cilantro paste to the fish. Marinate well. Let marinate for about an hour in the fridge
4. Remove fish from the fridge & add the lemon juice. Give the fish a good mix.
5. In a frying pan add enough oil to cover the base & let heat.
6. Place the semolina in a plate.
7. Make sure to keep the marinade on the fish. Coat each piece of fish with semolina. Place in the pan with hot oil.
8. Cook the fish about 4 minutes on the first side then turn & cook another 2-4 minutes till nice & golden brown.
9. Remove to a plate with paper towels to remove excess oil.
10. Serve with a lemon wedge. Can be enjoyed as an appetizer or with your meal.